Whenever I feel a cold, I always try to make a huge pot of bone broth. Bone broth is very concentrated in vitamins and minerals to help the immune system. By boiling the bones, the broth absorbs Magnesium (good for bones), Calcium (also good for bone growth and development), Collagen 1 and 2 (helps elasticity of skin, strengthens skin, hair, nails, bones and joints, hydration of skin, maintains firm skin) Glucosamine (helps with joint support), Glycine (can help aid in sleep) and more! Bone broth can also help the gut, and help lining of colon. Bone broth is also known for natural weight loss, and detoxification for body. You can cook with the bone broth or drink it. I drink 1-2 glasses of bone broth a day heated up in a mug, (4-6oz) but when I am sick 2-4 cups.
Homemade Bone Broth-
- Bones from either Chicken, Grass-fed beef, Turkey
- 1-2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar (don’t worry you wont taste the ACV afterwards!)
- Half a Onion
- Baby carrots or assorted color (handful or so)
- Herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage, Himalayan Pink Sea Salt)
- Filter water and or vegetable broth
- Place the bones from either chicken, turkey, or grass fed beef into slow cooker
- Add than apple cider vinegar with water to cover bones ( add veggie broth as well)
- Wait an hour before stirring the bone broth
- Set timer for 2 hours (on high)
- Strain broth so veggies don’t mix
- Use left over veggies for soup or next meal!
- Broth can be stored up to 3-4 days in fridge (or stored in freezer for a later date)
Store Bought (Go-To’s)
- Jarrows Formulas
This Bone broth is my go to and drink this one regularly everyday. Bone broth benefits are good for joints and the digestive tract. It is powdered drink mix that contains Type I and Type II collagen peptides, cartilage sulfate, calcium. These nutrients have significant amount of impact on the body and provide nutrients and vitamins that goes beyond homemade broths.
2. Imagines Foods
For quick on the go, Imagine Foods makes it easy to warm up the bone broth and take it to go. All you need to do is pour some into a glass and warm up. This company is vegan, Non -Gmo, Vegetarian, Soy- Free, Low Sodium, Kosher, Organic, Non- Dairy. Bone Broth is designed to give you a nutritious boost with a good source of protein. Sometimes if I am extra sick, I add my Jarrows Powder to the broth!
2 thoughts on “2 Ways for Bone Broth ( Homemade & Store Bought)”
I have made bone broth just trying to remember how my mother did it ears ago. I didn’t know about the apple cider vinegar. My cousin advised me to roast the bones first. In any case, bone broth is so good for you. I grew up with it, but kind of lost the habit for a long while.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have never tried roasting the bones I will try that next time! I love bone broth some people arnt a fan of the taste but I don’t mind it and I love to cook with bone broth as well. I drink a glass or two a day:)