Whenever I feel a cold, I always try to make a huge pot of bone broth. Bone broth is very concentrated in vitamins and minerals to help the immune system. By boiling the bones, the broth absorbs Magnesium (good for bones), Calcium (also good for bone growth and development), Collagen 1 and 2 (helps elasticity of skin, strengthens skin, hair, nails, bones and joints, hydration of skin, maintains firm skin) Glucosamine (helps with joint support), Glycine (can help aid in sleep) and more! Bone broth can also help the gut, and help lining of colon. Bone broth is also known for natural weight loss, and detoxification for body. You can cook with the bone broth or drink it. I drink 1-2 glasses of bone broth a day heated up in a mug, (4-6oz) but when I am sick 2-4 cups.
Homemade Bone Broth-
- Bones from either Chicken, Grass-fed beef, Turkey
- 1-2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar (don’t worry you wont taste the ACV afterwards!)
- Half a Onion
- Baby carrots or assorted color (handful or so)
- Herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage, Himalayan Pink Sea Salt)
- Filter water and or vegetable broth
- Place the bones from either chicken, turkey, or grass fed beef into slow cooker
- Add than apple cider vinegar with water to cover bones ( add veggie broth as well)
- Wait an hour before stirring the bone broth
- Set timer for 2 hours (on high)
- Strain broth so veggies don’t mix
- Use left over veggies for soup or next meal!
- Broth can be stored up to 3-4 days in fridge (or stored in freezer for a later date)
Store Bought (Go-To’s)
- Jarrows Formulas
This Bone broth is my go to and drink this one regularly everyday. Bone broth benefits are good for joints and the digestive tract. It is powdered drink mix that contains Type I and Type II collagen peptides, cartilage sulfate, calcium. These nutrients have significant amount of impact on the body and provide nutrients and vitamins that goes beyond homemade broths.
2. Imagines Foods
For quick on the go, Imagine Foods makes it easy to warm up the bone broth and take it to go. All you need to do is pour some into a glass and warm up. This company is vegan, Non -Gmo, Vegetarian, Soy- Free, Low Sodium, Kosher, Organic, Non- Dairy. Bone Broth is designed to give you a nutritious boost with a good source of protein. Sometimes if I am extra sick, I add my Jarrows Powder to the broth!
If your eye lashes need an extra boost here are different natural ways to help thicken and lengthen them. It is also important to treat your eyelashes if you wear a lot of mascara or fake eye lashes with the glue. Mascara and fake eye lashes take a major toll on your eyes. I mix all three oils in one small container and put it on my eyes every night before I go to bed!
1.1. Vitamin E oil is great to put on your eye lids and lashes every night to promote growth so they can get conditioned. The oil will allow strengthening and thickening of eye lashes as well as eye brows! Make sure the vitamin E oil has jojoba oil as well if it doesn’t it can be mixed with the vitamin E oil. You can use vitamin E oil with jojoba oil but it really helps promote growth to your eye lash. Vitamin E oil also has many other uses such as removing dark spots under eyes, helps reduce appearance of acne and damaged tissue, helps with brittle hair works as a conditioner, lip balm, removes all makeup, and moisturizer. Use vitamin E oil and castor oil and jojoba oil for best results!
2. Jojoba Oil is very gentle and great to use all around your eye reign. It is a natural way to stimulate eyelash growth. You can even use it on your eye lashes! You can even use jojoba with vitamin E oil on your hair and as a moisturizer (day or night), acne and spot treatment, lip balm, makeup remover and hair treatment. Even as a post shaving cream! Use vitamin E oil with Jojoba and Castor for best results!
3. Castor oil is very important for thickening and re growing hair. It can help prevent breakage and moisturizes the eye lash by hydrating the tired, brittle, dry lashes. This will help the eyelash to grow full length and height so new lashes will come in easier. Mixing castor oil with both jojoba and vitamin will enhance results. Make sure you get 100% cold pressed. Mixing with Castor oil with jojoba and vitamin E oil will show better results.
4. Try massaging Shea butter on your eyelids, along the lash line. This will help the blood flow and increase efficient circulation that will help your lashes grow and prevent thinning in the future. If you wear extensions a lot or tryin to repair the lashes from extensions this is an amazing all natural way to repair. Make sure you use 100% raw Shea butter
5. Brushing you eye lashes everyday in an upwards motion can help get rid of any clogged pores you have. This helps essential nutrients to reach the follicle. By stimulating the follicles in the eye lashes will help promote growth. Once to twice a day is recommended.
Apple Cider Vinegar has many benefits regarding your hair, skin and health. Apple Cider Vinegar helps the most with your body’s need and capability to absorb nutrients easier. It is made up of amino acids as well as antioxidants to help promote healthy hair and skin. ACV is also known for reducing blood pressure, migraines, nausea, helps kill certain cancer cells, helps joint pain, helps prevent acne as well regualtes the pH in you body. Apple Cider Vinegar is simply crushing apples and squeezing out all of the extra liquid.
Add 1 half apple cider vinegar and the other half water through your hair (1-3 tablespoons). Rinse after 2-3 minutes. You will notice results in a few weeks. Also combining a little apple cider vinegar in your condition helps as well. It helps get rid of all the extra build of with oils that you don’t need.
Drinking it also has amazing benefits if drank daily. If you mix some apple cider vinegar into water can help reduce bloating and help your body absorb materials more efficiently. ( two tablespoons twice a day with a large cup of water) It is also known to help with weigh loss. One of the major benefits to drinking ACV is reducing acid, may help prevent certain cancers, reduce blood pressure and even help people who have diabetes with blood sugar levels.
Add 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Swish and rinse out. Apple cider vinegar is a natural antibacterial so it can kill all the bad germs in your mouth.
Almond Milk Vanilla (way one: stovetop):
I love to make this and keep it in my house if I am in need of extra calcium. Almonds are one of the only system- alkalizing nut. Their benefits include regulating the nervous system, helps support bones, heart and even skin. Fresh almond can also include other great health benefits such as, flushing the body with minerals and proteins, omega 3, and antioxidants.
- Organic Almonds (1 cup)
- Vanilla Extract (2 tsp)
- Organic Agave in the raw (in the raw) vegan and gluten sweetener(1-2 tsp)
- water(4 cups)
- Bring a cup of water with almonds to a boil than boil
- Drain and wash the almonds with cold water
- Add the organic almonds and stir on and off
- Peel almonds (you can leave peel on I prefer mine off ) than add 1 tsp of vanilla, 3 cups of water in blender and blend for about 1-2 mins depending on how thick you want it.
- A fine grade mesh bag is needed to pour the milk through
- Can be stored up for 3 days !
Almond Milk (way two: refrigerator)
- Organic Almonds (1 cup)
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 2 pinches of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 teaspoons of honey (or cane sugar)
- Put almonds in a bowl and add water to soak over night
- Drain nuts the next morning and add to blender
- Add the water and Himalayan pink salt and blend on high for 45 secs (until liquid is milky)
- Poor in jar and enjoy!
These chips are my favorite to make during the fall and winter seasons. Not many people know but these snack are gluten-free. Sweet potatoes are also good for carbhoydrates which turns into energy. It is also packed filled with fiber and protein and, has a good amount of vitamins and minerals!
- 2-3 organic sweet potatoes (orange) you can use white but I prefer the orange ones
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (veg oil can be used)
- 2 tablespoon of dried organic rosemary (the fresh rosemary doesn’t keep the same consistency)
- Himalayan pink salt or reg sea salt about 2 or 3 small pinches
- Before cutting and getting seasoning ready preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash off the dirt from the sweet potatoes and cut very thin to about about 1/4 or smaller pieces
- In a bowl mix together the potatoes with the olive oil,rosemary,and salt
- Once oven is ready bake for 10 mins, than flip and watch chips (take out golden brown)